Pages

RSS Feed

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I've been hit by a lightning bolt.

You know that feeling you get when you get hit by an idea? That tingly sensation? Yeah, that happened to me. Today, to be exact.

It has been nearly ten years since Charlotte Murphy last saw her birth parents in Birmingham, England. After her father starts to drink - more often than usual - and abuses her mother, she is whisked away to the United States. Charlotte, 16 now, begins to have nightmares; not about usual teen ones about zombies and werewolves. Nightmares about her mother being abused and what might have happened to her during the ten years.

When a two-week class trip to England is announced, Charlotte and her best friend, Bijou Sanders, take the opportunity to find out more about Charlotte's birth mother and her whereabouts, as well as her father and the punishment he has received for the cruel things he has done.

Two weeks. Two girls. One big mystery.

I'm actually really excited about this one. Its going to be my first (hopefully successful!) mystery novel, and I loosely based it off of the book Elixir by Hilary Duff.

I'll probably use this idea for NaNoWriMo; this one is better than the other hundred or so ideas I have. But I'm not sure yet.

I still don't qualify for the main event, so I have to participate in the YWP. (Young Writer's Program) Curse the fact that I'm not yet a teenager.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I honestly LOVE it - I'm super excited to start writing. I still need a title, though. For some reason, I was thinking about The London Eye.

I haven't worked on my current WiP at all today; I've been procrastinating. I'll attempt to write as much as I can once I finish writing this post.

So, I have to go. I must catch up on my WiP! (which, by the way, is still untitled.) Bye everyone!

PS: I recently joined the Third Writers' Platform Building Campaign, hosted by Rachael Harrie at Rach Writes, under the group Picture Books/Chapter Books/Early Readers/MG/YA. Hello to my new followers! *waves hello* I'll try to follow all of your blogs and introduce myself on Thursday; I have this rule where I have to read every one of your posts before following, so it might take a while. Thanks for following, though!

3 comments:

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Hi Isabella - I am a fellow campaigner and in your group. I am a lot older than a teenager, although I have teenagers :) I write picture books, mostly, although trying to branch out into MG/YA. I like the sound of your new idea!

Brooke R. Busse said...

I love the last line of your summary. You wrapped it up nicely. I find that one of the hardest bits. And it's good to see you branching out. It'll be so fun to do NaNo together!

Unknown said...

Darn, my first comment disappeared in cyberspace! I love seeing young writers doing what they love! On the campaign trail with you!

Post a Comment

thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. [: if you're anonymous, please let me know your name - I like to know who my readers are. [: thanks again.